Monday, March 26, 2012

Scott Young is a DOPER

Maybe better stated, SCOTT YOUNG is Dope. According to the Urban Dictionary it means, "DOPE - a Word also used to describe how good something is." 
When I arrived at the Mid-Ohio Raceway for the Master's race with my bride P90X-Mel , I saw Scott and masters legend Jeff Blodgett aka '2TallWall' already racing in the 3/4 race. They called it a 'warm up' race. Blah, blah blah...Sure sure, they both are way too strong for the masters. Good to see them wasting precious energy with the youngsters.
We met for a pre-race talk (it shoulda been a prayer) while Scott was getting a blood transfusion. 
The Masters race starts, and BOOM a couple youngsters drop the entire field. They included Jeff '2TallWall' Blodgett and the former International Playboy. Marilyn Chambers, Farmer John, and I were left to take a pummeling from The Doper. Every lap, he's accelarating up the hill and someone (...read me) would have to chase his wheel and sit on him until we regrouped. Round and round we go. Scott gets a gap, we close the gap. Ouch OUCH, for the love of God O U C H.  
I'll cut to the end...you don't need all the details. The Int'l Playboy is reeled back, so is the 2TallWall. The course doesn't have enough elevation change to enable THE DOPER to destroy us. The Pig loving Farmer wins the sprint out of our group.

As for me, I set new power meter records for 15, 30, 40, and 60 minutes of effort. Bottom line, producing that power at my racing weight (which I am 6-7 pounds over) would have made me a winner. (at least in my mind)


1 comment:

Ryan said...

Looks like a cool day. Wish I was there but spent the morning fending off Foreigners from stealing my cabana. I'm not sure whats more painful, following Scott or trying to understand Portuguese.

See you masters tomorrow pending weather.